Public and Private Courses
We are delighted to now offer regular courses in Power BI at the excellent citizenM facilities, just a short step from the City of London. The course runs monthly; see the registration options above to book. This provides excellent and comfortable facilities, as well as easy transport links from London Bridge.
This course is also available to book privately, to be held either at your offices or our training rooms in London. Private courses can be custom created based on your needs; get in touch for a quote.
We provide everything necessary for the Training Course, a full specification laptop, pre-loaded with Power BI Desktop, Office 2016 and Training Data. Attendees should have a knowledge of Excel, and familiarity with Excel Pivot Tables and Excel Functions like SUMIFS and VLOOKUP. People with Database, Programming or other BI experience will be qualified for the course even if they don't have Excel experience.
This course is available for £650.00 (Excl VAT) per person for the two days. Lunch and morning and afternoon tea or coffee are included in the cost, and you'll also get our Quick Reference Guides to Power BI, and a USB drive with all the Training data, and worked examples from the course. The course is limited to a maximum of ten attendees, so you'll allways get individual attention from the two Trainers running the course.
The course is run at CitizenM 20 Lavington Street, London SE1 0NZ. They have excellent facilities with a stylish comfortable set of Training rooms and fast free WiFi. The rooms are located close to London Bridge Station, and a short walk from the City of London. citizenM is also an Hotel and you can book accommodation, if you require it, direct with them.
What past attendees have said...
"We covered in 2 days what would have taken a week or more for us to glean for ourselves. If you need comprehensive Power BI training, then look no further."
"I've attended numerous system training courses and while about a third of the content of most is of use – yours was pure gold from start to finish! I left feeling ready to tackle Power BI and with enough knowledge to explore it with confidence. Thanks again."
Run this course at your Company
If you have several attendees we can run this course at your company, at dates to suit you. Just contact us to discuss.
Speak to a trainer now
0800 0199 746
with any questions
Microsoft Power BI Service - Course content - Duration: 2 Days
What is Microsoft Power BI
- The Power BI software explained
Exploring Power BI Desktop
- How to work with the Fields and Visualisation Panes
- Creating visualisations using the Report View
- Sort and formatting data using Data View
Understanding Data Sources in Power BI Desktop
- How to import a wide range of data sources into Power BI Desktop
- How to connect to Access Databases, Excel Workbooks and CSV files
Power BI Desktop Visualisations Workshop
- How to add visualisation to the Report Canvas
- How to understand and control the interactions between visualisations
- How to use Drill Down and Drill Through with visualisations
- How to create and use Hierarchies
- How to understand summarisation options
- How to import custom visualisations
- (Attendees of the two day course can practice how to create and design a variety of interactive visualisations in Power BI)
Creating a Data Model in Power BI desktop
- How to understand the Data Model
- How to use Relationship View
- How to create Many-to-One relationships
- How to use filter propagation
Introduction to DAX in Power BI Desktop
- Understanding uses of calculation within the Data Model
- Using Calculated Columns
- How to create simple measures for data summation
- How to use CountRows and DistinctCount functions
- Overview of advanced DAX functions SUMX and CALCULATE
- Understanding time intelligence functions
Using Queries in Power BI Desktop
- The role of queries in data import
- How to use Extract, Transform & Load (ETL)
- Exploring a wide range of data transformations
- Using Applied Steps
- Working with the Unpivot transformation
- Using Connect to Folder to append CSV and XLSX files
Publishing to Power BI Service
- Publishing your report on PowerBI.com
- Dashboard setup and creation
- Sharing your dashboard inside and outside of your organisation
- How to use Quick Insights
- Interactive data searching with Q & A
Power BI Service Data Import
- How to connect to a wide range of Cloud-based data sources, including OneDrive, Google Analytics, Azure SQL Databases and Websites
Apps & Groups
- Apps and Groups benefits
- Restrict access to dashboards using groups
- How to create Organisation Apps
- How to connect to cloud based Apps
- Refresh data manually
- How to install and use Personal Gateway
- How to install and use the Enterprise Gateway
- How to create a scheduled refresh
Using Power BI on Mobile Devices
- Understanding mobile clients
- Using Power BI on Tablet Clients, Windows 10, iPad and Android
- Understanding the differences between iPhone, iPad and Android clients
On the course, you will learn how to produce interactive dashboards, similar to the embedded example below. Click on an element of the dashboard to filter the entire dashboard by that element.