Outline of our Microsoft Power BI Advanced Course - DURATION: 2 - DAYS
Working with Data Models in Power BI
- Importing a variety of data sources into Power BI Desktop.
- Working with Model layouts
- Creating Many-to-One relationships.
- Understanding the Data Model.
- Understanding the importance of Star Schemas.
- Exploring Outer Joins, inactive relationships and bi-directional filtering
- Creating Certified or Promoted Datasets
Creating DAX Measures
- Understanding Implicit Measures.
- Controlling summarisation in Implicit Measures.
- Looking at explicit Measures.
- Understanding Filter Context and Filter propagation
- Working with a variety of DAX functions: DISTINCTCOUNT, COUNTROWS, SUMX and CALCULATE.
- Working with conditional formatting.
- Using DAX in conditional formatting.
- Creating and editing Bookmarks
- Using interactive buttons
- Dynamic Tooltips in visualisations
- The Key Influencers Visual
Row Level Security (RLS)
- What RLS does
- Creating basic Row Level Security
- Dynamic RLS
- Limitations of RLS
- Using the Merge and Append Queries options.
- Using “Fuzzy” merge.
- Using the Connection to Folder to append.
- Using Unpivot, Transpose and Pivot transformations
- Creating Query Parameters
- Managing and editing Parameters
- Using a List as input for Parameters
- Understanding Disable Load
Power BI App Workspaces
- Generating App Workspaces
- Linking Workspaces with OneDrive
- Sharing and Managing Workspaces
- Creating Apps from Workspaces
- Sharing and Managing Apps
Power BI Dataflows
- What is a DataFlow?
- Generating and using DataFlows
- Maintaining DataFlows
- Manually refreshing data.
- When and Why to use a Gateway.
- Creating, Scheduling and Managing Automatic Refreshing.
- Refreshing restrictions.
Power BI Governance
- Power BI administration
- Security restrictions in Governance
- Statistics and Audit