Who is this Power BI course for?
Beginners to the Power BI application. Individuals, teams and departments can benefit from this introductory course to upskill and improve company-wide data analysis. This course is often booked by Business Development Managers, team leaders and professionals looking to learn more and further their career.
As our main introductory course attendees require no prerequisites, nor a Power BI license as this is provided for the course. Designed for beginners, a knowledge of Excel, Pivot Tables and functions like SUMIFS and VLOOKUP are useful but not required.
- 2 days
- Start time 9:30am prompt
- Regular breaks throughout the day
- 45 minute lunch break
- Course finishes at 4:00pm each day
- Two fully qualified, expert Power BI trainers
- Access to the latest Power BI license for the course
- Laptops and equipment
- Central London training room
- In-course handbook
- Free fast WiFi
- Lunch, unlimited hot drinks and water
- Ongoing support from your trainers
Power BI Fundamentals Training Course London Outline
What does our fundamentals course cover? Whilst each session tailors to the attendees and has a Q&A element, our trainers will include the following to ensure you learn everything you need at this level to go away and use Microsoft Power BI productively.
What is Microsoft Power BI?
- Understanding the components of Power BI: - Power Query, Data Modelling, Visualisations and Service.
Visualisations using Power BI Desktop
- Exploring Power BI Desktop.
- Connecting to a certified Dataset.
- Creating a variety of visualisations.
- Using the Formatting and Analytics options.
- Looking at the Slicer visual to filter data.
- Controlling interactions between visualisations.
- Creating and using Hierarchies and Drilldown.
- Using the Filters Pane.
- Understanding Implicit Measures.
- Controlling summarisation.
- Use “ask a question” to generate visualisations.
- Mapping geographic data.
- Working with Custom visuals.
Publishing to Power BI Service
- Publishing your Reports to PowerBI.com.
- Creating and Customising Dashboards.
- Sharing Reports and Dashboards with others.
- Using Q & A for interactive data searching.
Connecting Services to Power BI
- Connecting to a variety of cloud-based data sources including OneDrive, Google Analytics, Salesforce etc.
Creating a Data Model in Power BI
- Importing a variety of data sources into Power BI.
- Using Model View.
- Creating and managing relationships.
- Understanding the Star Schema.
Creating Measures using DAX
- Understanding what Measures are.
- Introduction to Filter Context.
- Working with a variety of simple DAX functions: - SUM, AVERAGE and COUNTROWS
Using Power Query in Power BI Desktop
- Understanding the role of Power Query in data import.
- Cleaning and filtering data.
- Exploring a variety of data transformations.
Power BI Licencing
- Understanding the different Power BI licences.
- Differences between Pro and Premium licences.
- Using Workspaces.
- Using organisation Apps.
- When to use Workspaces and Apps.
- Types of data refresh.
- Manually refreshing data.
- Requirement for a Gateway.
- Scheduling automated refresh.
Using Power BI on Mobile Devices
- Using Power BI on Smartphones and Tablets.
- Features and functions of the mobile client.
We’re proud to have trained
Location for our Power BI courses in London
We host our Power Bi training courses at a central London location. We’ve chosen citizenM Bankside hotel as the meeting rooms are modern, comfortable and set-up for learning with superfast WiFi. All attendees are invited to enjoy unlimited coffee, tea and water and a lunch buffet will also be provided.
We host our Power Bi training courses at a central London location. We’ve chosen citizenM Bankside hotel as the meeting rooms are modern, comfortable and set-up for learning. All attendees are invited to enjoy unlimited coffee, tea and water and a lunch buffet will also be provided.
CitizenM London Bankside hotel, 20 Lavington Street, London SE1 0NZ
citizenM London Bankside hotel is easily reachable by public transport and parking is also available (please contact the hotel in advance). The nearest tube stations are Southwark on the Jubilee line or Borough on the Northern line. Waterloo and London Bridge Stations are also only a 15 minute walk away.
Book this introductory Power BI course privately
As an experienced training provider we understand that each business’s requirements and goals are nuanced. To cater to all businesses and knowledge levels, this course is available to book on a private, onsite basis.
Call us on 0800 0199 746 or email [email protected] to arrange a training course at a date and time to suit you and your team, Taking place on your premises, we still provide everything needed to run and attend the course, including the latest Power BI license,
To get the best out of this course we recommend a maximum of 10 attendees although more can be accommodated if required. Whilst our public courses are all located in London, private courses can be booked across the UK.
Enquire or request a quote
Don’t hesitate to speak with us today about your requirements and for us to answer any questions about any of our Power BI training courses. We’re more than happy to discuss special requirements as well as consultancy on an ongoing basis, which can be incredibly helpful to companies rolling out Power BI for the first time.